Saturday, March 31, 2012
Do I need a ticket to get into one of the Northridge Easter services? The answer is NO! These tickets will let people know which services are filling up. The tickets are also a great way to invite someone to join you at a specific service.
Thursday, March 29, 2012
This week, we will be considering the last few days of Christ’s life before He died. We will consider what was important to our Lord as His time on this earth was rapidly coming to an end. This will help us as we begin to figure out how our life would be different if we knew we only had thirty days to live. You don’t want to miss this series.
Wednesday, March 28, 2012
Some people say that preaching the Bible won’t grow a church. We are just now beginning to get reports of Song of Solomon babies. That is clear proof that Biblical preaching grows churches. If you missed the Song of Solomon series about love, sex, marriage, and romance, you can listen to it at our website. The series started on January 29, 2012.
Tuesday, March 27, 2012
- INVITE everyone you can to our Easter services. I heard Andy Stanley say that empty seats can’t make decisions. We want every seat filled on Easter. That will happen when we invite people. We have impact cards with services times that will help you in inviting your friends and enemies.
- ONE MONTH TO LIVE is our next sermon series. It is about living a no-regrets life. This series asks how your life would change if you knew you only had 30 days to live. I think we would all focus on what is important and stop wasting time. There is a book that goes with this series by Kerry and Chris Shook called “One Month to Live: Thirty Days to a No-Regrets Life.” These are available at Amazon for about $10.
- You missed it Sunday if you didn’t hear the band play “Change the World.” Remember that transformed people change the world. Romans 12 will give us the fuel it takes to change our community and world.
- YOUR CHILDREN SHOULD GO TO SUMMER CAMP. Early bird registration ends this Saturday, March 31. Not only will camp be more expensive after Saturday, but they may also run out of room. We think summer camp is so important that we offer a 50% scholarship. You can pick up a yellow scholarship form in the lobby at the camp table.
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
Are you changed? If we have offered ourselves as living sacrifices, the change in our lives will be evident. Living sacrifices become a part of the unstoppable body of Christ. This week, we will learn how changed people change the world. It is all about how we treat people.
We are asking God for 1,500 people to attend Northridge on Easter. We want a great attendance because that means more people will be one step closer to Christ and one step farther away from hell. We are using tickets to help you invite friends and family. While you don’t need a ticket to attend, they will help us see which services are filling up quickly. We know guests will be more likely to come to the 9:45 and 11:00 services. If you can attend the 8:30 service, you will help us have seating and parking for our guests.
I appreciate our small groups who are feeding our college students on Sunday night. We have had some good groceries. Please continue to pray as we search for a leader who is called to lead our college ministry.
Thursday, March 15, 2012
Last Sunday, Craig talked about being changed from the inside out from Romans 12:1-2. We are continuing this week in Romans 12:3-8. These verses will begin to show us the external changes that come from a transformed and renewed mind. Here are a few things to consider as we prepare for Sunday.
· Genuine external change only happens through internal change that comes from the transformed and renewed mind.
· External change that happens without internal change is fake and hypocritical.
· Part of our transformation shapes us to be a vital part of the body of Christ.
· If we are not a functioning part of the body of Christ, the transformation is not complete.
Tuesday, March 13, 2012
I always miss being at Northridge, but I never worry about things when I am gone. The staff always does a great job. As usual, Craig did an outstanding job preaching. Craig spoke the truth when he said, “God will meet you where you are, but he won’t leave you there.” Craig quoted something that made me think, “The opposite of courage isn’t cowardice. It’s conformity.”
Kathy and I were in Elizabethton, TN. My aunt, who lives there, fell and broke her hip. We were there helping her take care of some business. She is kin, and 1 Timothy 5:8 tells us this about family. “If anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for his immediate family, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.”
We encountered the church all along the way. While having breakfast Saturday morning at the hotel in Travelers Rest, SC, we saw a couple with their Bibles out. I commented about their Bibles, and a church service broke out. He was a pastor also. We spent about 15 minutes talking and praying. On Saturday night, we connected with our college roommates who live in Jefferson City, TN. At that gathering of the church in Cracker Barrel, we had some sweet fellowship catching up and reminiscing about the good old days.
On Sunday morning, we went to Hale’s Chapel Christian Church in Gray, TN. The minister there is Lamar Garrsion. When I was in college, I served with Lamar as a student youth minister. It was great to see a man who has faithfully served for over 50 years. Lamar is a great model and inspiration for younger ministers.
Friday, March 9, 2012
Here are some thoughts from Joe Sangl at the Financial Learning Experience held at Northridge.
- Compound interest can either work for you (savings/retirement) or against you (credit card interest).
- Income – Outgo = Exactly Zero
- A written budget is different from a written budget that is followed.
- I have never seen anyone save money by spending money.
Check out his website at www.iwbnin.com.
Tuesday, March 6, 2012
- The two words that I heard the most on Sunday were THANK YOU! Thank you for having Joe Sangl. If you didn’t hear Joe’s sermon on Sunday, you can listen on line at www.northridgechristian.com.
- Joe shared from the life of Joseph (Genesis 39-50). He taught that Joseph forgave those who wronged him and that we should do the same. I loved hearing stories of people who did that Sunday afternoon.
- I WAS BROKE NOW I’M NOT is Joe Sangl’s ministry. You will find over 100 free financial tools at his website at http://iwasbrokenowimnot.com/. You can get wisdom by reading Joe’s blog at http://www.josephsangl.com/.
- CHANGED is the name of our next Sunday morning series that starts this week. It is from Romans 12. I would encourage you to read Romans 12 every day for the next three weeks. This Sunday’s sermon is from Romans 12:1-2. These two verses will absolutely change your live if you live them. Sunday will be powerful.
- EASTER is about four weeks away. Start praying now about who you are going to invite to celebrate the resurrection with you. We will have three services on Easter. The times will be 8:30, 9:45, and 11:00. You can pick up invitation cards at the welcome centers.
- CAMPUS CHURCH happens Sunday nights at 6:00. We meet at 555 North Columbia Street. Anyone is welcomed to join us. Please continue to pray as we are looking for a staff member to lead this ministry.
- NEED PRAYER? If you need prayer, our elders meet in the prayer room (across from the kitchen) on Wednesday nights at 5:15. They also meet in Mike’s office on Sunday mornings at 8:45. We practice James 5:14 prayer.