Tuesday, March 13, 2012

What a Weekend

I always miss being at Northridge, but I never worry about things when I am gone.  The staff always does a great job.  As usual, Craig did an outstanding job preaching.  Craig spoke the truth when he said, “God will meet you where you are, but he won’t leave you there.”   Craig quoted something that made me think, “The opposite of courage isn’t cowardice.  It’s conformity.” 

Kathy and I were in Elizabethton, TN.  My aunt, who lives there, fell and broke her hip.  We were there helping her take care of some business.  She is kin, and 1 Timothy 5:8 tells us this about family. “If anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for his immediate family, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.”

We encountered the church all along the way.  While having breakfast Saturday morning at the hotel in Travelers Rest, SC, we saw a couple with their Bibles out.  I commented about their Bibles, and a church service broke out.  He was a pastor also.  We spent about 15 minutes talking and praying.  On Saturday night, we connected with our college roommates who live in Jefferson City, TN.  At that gathering of the  church in Cracker Barrel, we had some sweet fellowship catching up and reminiscing about the good old days.

On Sunday morning, we went to Hale’s Chapel Christian Church in Gray, TN.  The minister there is Lamar Garrsion.  When I was in college, I served with Lamar as a student youth minister.  It was great to see a man who has faithfully served for over 50 years.  Lamar is a great model and inspiration for younger ministers.

No comments:

Post a Comment