In Exodus 19, the people are told to prepare to meet God. They were to consecrate themselves so that they would be ready to approach a holy God. I think that is good advice for us today. Our worship experiences would be greatly enhanced if we prepared ourselves for our weekly meeting with God. Here are a few ideas:
- Go to bed at a decent time on Saturday night. You will be better prepared to hear what God is saying if you are well rested.
- If it is available, read the sermon Scripture in advance. By reading the passage for the sermon, your mind will already be thinking about what God is going to say to you.
- Pray and ask God to prepare you to worship Him and hear His Word. Ask God to speak to you in the service that day.
- Take a few minutes before the service to confess your sins and ask for forgiveness. When we approach God with a clean heart, we will be ready to honor Him.
- Arrive early to so that you won’t rush in unprepared for what is about to happen.