The phrase “life is adjustable” did not originate with me. I first heard the phrase “life is adjustable” from singer/songwriter Billy Sprague when he was doing a concert at the church I served. Billy has faced some very difficult things in his life. When he was introducing a song and talking about the challenges he had encountered, he said he had learned that life is adjustable. For some reason, that phrase has stuck with me over the years. If you are around me for very long, you will hear me say that life is adjustable.
For the Christ-follower, I believe we must constantly adjust our lives to be more Christ-like. It seems like every morning through my prayer and Bible reading that I find an area of my life that needs adjustment. I have had to adjust my attitude, time management, money usage, thought-life, and so much more.
I began this blog in 2009. It quickly got choked out by the busyness of life and ministry. As I resurrect this blog, my plan is for this to be a weekly blog about how we can adjust our lives to be more like Jesus. As we talk about adjusting our lives, my goal is for us to adjust our lives to reflect the glory of God in greater ways. It is really about making this verse true in our lives.
1 Corinthians 10:31 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
No comments:
Post a Comment