A few years ago, a mentor of mine, Alan Ahlgrim, suggested a little book called One Word by Jon Gordon, Dan Britton, and Jimmy Page. The book is about choosing one word to center your life on for a year. You can use that word to help you create clarity and life-change for a year. It is easy to forget your New Year's resolutions, but a single word can guide you to a better life. Over the years, some of my words have been focus, slow down, reflect, etc.
As I am beginning 2022, my word for this year is adjust. I know this will be a year where I will have to adjust in many different ways because I am retiring from the pressures of leading a church and looking for new ways to serve King Jesus. Adjustments will come as we move to a new home in LaGrange, Georgia, to be near family, grandchildren, and the airport so we can visit my daughter and her family in San Francisco. This is the year that I will really test out this little motto “life is adjustable” in a big way.
As I thought about that word adjust, I was reminded of chapter eight in Experiencing God. The title of this chapter is “Adjusting Your Life To God”. Henry Blackaby says, “We adjust our lives to God so He can do through us what He wants to do. God is not our servant to make adjustments to our plans. We are His servants, and we adjust our lives to what He is about to do.” In this season of life, I am excited to see what God is doing so that I can adjust my life and join him.
No comments:
Post a Comment