I recently read Ego is the Enemy by Ryan Holiday. It is a very challenging book that makes you think hard about who you are. While his book is not based on the Bible, his view of ego, pride, and humility align with God’s Word. I thought I would share a few quotes from the book that caused me to make adjustments in my life.
Talking and doing fight for the same resources. page 26
Genghis Khan groomed his sons and generals to succeed him later in life, he repeatedly warned them, “If you can’t swallow your pride, you can’t lead.” page 77
“The first product of self-knowledge is humility,” Flannery O’Connor once said. page 77
Success is intoxicating, yet to sustain it requires sobriety. page 99
Ego tells us that meaning comes from activity, that being the center of attention is the only way to matter. page 139
I will share more from Ego is the Enemy in a few days.

No comments:
Post a Comment