.
A common warning sign is that we are spending more money than we make. Someone has said this happens when we have more month than money. If your outgoing money is larger than your incoming money, it is a problem that can create long-term issues. The adjustment most people make is to expand their collection of credit cards. Heed the warning for when your income isn’t as much as expenses. Make the adjustment and cut your expenses.
I often see a warning in the morning when I step on the scales. It tells me to lay off the groceries and get more exercise. If I don’t adjust my food intake and begin to exercise, I could be damaging my body and cutting my life short. I may need to make adjustments to be a good steward of the body God gave me.
Another rumble strip we seem to be seeing more of today is people that have given up meeting together with the church. I guess many people have gotten out of the habit during the Covid lock down or just gotten too busy with other things. The writer of Hebrews warns us to not give up meeting together (10:25). Reading the book of Hebrews gives us lots of negative outcomes if we don’t adjust our lives to God’s Way.
When your car begins to rumble as you drift into another lane or off the road, you must adjust or pay the consequences. God has provided lots of rumble strips to warn us we are veering from the best that he has for us. I have only named three, but you will find many more in God’s Word. We can adjust or pay the price later.

No comments:
Post a Comment